Wednesday 25 July 2012

PsychicEyeClix - Let Rule then Kill (2012)

























Request from Doubledgescissor>8> record label. I am convinced
that Damian only sends me his records for reviewing to laugh at
my bewilderment in a genre that I am vastly under-prepared to
comment on!

It starts off with white noise ............... which morphs into a rhythm
.......... very loud ........ bowels are starting to feel uneasy ...... samples
are lobbed into the mix, it sounds likes snatches of political speeches ........
or is that John Lydon? .......... fluid electronic glitches pulse like snakes
through my cortex ........... disjointed drums flow like drugged pigs running
downstairs ........... and then .............. I realise it is making some sort
of fucked up sense ........... my feet are stamping to unexplainable riffs .........
the chaos you first hear is slowing morphing into songs ............ how can so
much noise be made without guitars .......... eat through the sound 
of reason .............. I get to the end of the album and feel as if I have been
brain raped .............. but as I continue to quietly cry in the corner,
 I cannot stop myself from playing from the start again!

If the Butthole Surfers started a band today but only used electronics, this would
be pretty much the sort of fucked up shit they would produce.

Highly recommended.

Pay what you want from Bandcamp

Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment